Thursday, March 29, 2018

String art is hard!

Today I started my DIY project and it was an experience. I found out that it requires A LOT of patience and skill to do string art. I think I went into it thinking that it was gong to be super easy because I had seen so many videos and felt prepared but that was not the case. I started by gathering all the material needed for the project. When I got those, I took a picture of them to add it to my two page layout. Next, I printed out a template of my design. The first design I chose to do was the word "hello" on a wooden board. I started to do the project and quickly learned that it was a very complex design. The space in the letters was too narrow so it was hard to nail down the nails so they kept falling off. That drove me insane and I decided that it would be better to do another design. So after an hour wasted it was back to the drawing board. I googled "string art templates" and I found a really cool one. It was three arrows and they were all different colors. This was the new template:
Image result for chevron arrow pattern template

  Even though this wasn't my first choice, I think it will look even cooler. Also, these were a few of the pictures that I took before I switched gears:














I have already started on the arrow string art and I am done with one of the arrows. I think I can finish the other two quickly and then I can begin to assemble everything onto the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment