Thursday, March 15, 2018

String art

   Today in class we had our first group critiques and I honestly have to say that it was an amazing experience. Everyone in the group left with new insights and ideas that would benefit them in the long run. During the group critique, I tried to specify in more detail my issue for the magazine. I explained that I was doing home improvement for the living room while my partner is doing the bedroom. I explained that for the pictures, I have a spare room downstairs that is completely empty so I can build up my set from scratch.

   During the group critique I also explained the project that I wanted to create for my two page spread which is string art. String art is basically getting a slab of wood, nails, and yarn to create a design. The outcome is beautiful but it might be a challenging project but I am all for it. I have always admired this type of art since the first time I saw it at my friends house. I am currently in between two designs, a house with the words home sweet home on the bottom or the word hello. I feel like both those designs are very cozy and are good for home decorations. I will probably buy a piece of light wood at office depot and get either white or pink yarn. The color depends on the rest of the props that I add to the set. I found some videos on youtube describing the process. I plan on buying the materials this weekend and in the beginning of next week I will start to create my set. This is finally happening and I am ecstatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment