Sunday, March 11, 2018

Fonts, Fonts, and more fonts

   This week was a very productive one for my me and my partner. The last time we met up we discussed a variety of things from layout to fonts for the title and the headlines. We also began to research different magazine websites that we can use to create our final project. So here it goes.
   We began our "meeting" by finishing the layout of our magazine. Last blog post I presented a rough draft of it and I talked about the different aspects that we wanted to include in each section but I think we finally have the final layout. Of course, through out the journey bits and pieces are going to be moved around but it is nice to have a baseline. The shaded regions of the layout are meant to represent where the pictures will be placed. Those are the main focuses of the page but we would also like to have delicate details going around the border like a small scissor making a designs all around. We also included the lines to direct how the readers should confront the pages.














   Another topic that my partner and I focused on was the website that we are going to use to make the magazine.  I had already been exposed to the website canva because of a former project but I found it a bit hard to use. Every movement that had to be made was very tedious and that drove me insane at some points. Therefore, we asked our teacher if she had any recommendations of websites to use and she indicated joomag. Neither one of us had used the website before and when we attempted we found it to be very intimidating. There were a lot of buttons and we did not know what any of them did. so in the end we decided to use canva because it is a good website I just need to practice and learn all the tricks to it. 
  Once we decided the platform we started working. The first thing we did was test out some fonts on a draft magazine to see which one we liked the best. Canva has so many options that this was a bit hard for use because we are both indecisive. We picked our top five and here they are:
My favorite one of the five is Emilys Candy. I find that one to be very girly and fits out target audience the best. However, I am not sure that will be the best one to use for our title. For the title, I was picturing a font that was very bubbly and light. I do not think that these met that expectation but I am willing to keep looking to find the perfect font. 

No comments:

Post a Comment