Wednesday, March 14, 2018

The big reveal

  I am very excited to say that after what feels like a million years, my partner and I have decided on a name for our DIY magazine. And the name is... The Stitch! I am so thrilled with the name and I think if fits the genre of the magazine perfectly however it was not an easy journey.
  As I stated in my blog post last week, my partner and I were having a really hard time deciding names for our magazine. We would come up with really good ones but, in the end, they were always taken. Also, we became really good at creating names for magazines of other genres. For example, we came up with the name Swatch for a makeup magazine or Feline for a fashion magazine but we had already set out hearts on DIY so there was no turning back. Though last weekend, my partner texted me one afternoon asking me what I thought of the name The Stitch. I instantly fell in love and I knew we had done it. The next thing we had to do was research if the name was already taken. This was our biggest enemy because every name we came up with seemed to be taken. But, we struck gold with this one. It was completely unique and that made me even happier.
   The reasoning behind the title is because there is a common term, "sitch", that is used when a person wants to find out more about a situation and we wanted to do a play on that word. So, instead of "sitch" as in like gossip and news its "Stitch" as in new things craft and DIY. I even thought we can add the phrase "What's the Stitch?" somewhere on our cover page.
   I am overjoyed that we got our name and i'm ready for the next steps.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment