Sunday, April 1, 2018

Content for the magazine

   On my flight back from New York, I had some spare time and I decided to write the content for the cover lines, the table of contents, and the two page spread. Fortunately, I got it all done! I tried to use a lot of numbers and empowering words in the cover lines like "spice up" and "20 new ideas". I looked at examples of other magazines and this is what they did the most.
These are my draft cover lines:
- 20 cheap ways to spice up your living room
-DIY summer fllower arrangement
-say goodbye to boring string and hello to string art
-top 10 trending DIY projects

This is the draft for the TOC:
-DIY Flower arrangements
-Step by step DIY string art
-20 cheap ways to spice up your living room
-tips for adding a pop of color in the living room
-statement DIY projects to make others drool

Draft for 2 page spread:
Materials: a slab of wood, hammer,nails,string or yarn, template, tape, and scissors.
1: place the Wooden slab on a flat surface and tape the edges of the template onto it
2: outline the design using the nails. Hammer each nail individually leaving an inch in between each 
3: once the outline is complete, remove the template by ripping the paper 
4: now it is time to begin using the string. Make a small knot around a nail. This will be your starting point.
5: next you will want to make a zig zag design around all the nails. Make sure to go wrap all the way around every nail. 
6: once you have created the design, cut the remaining yarn or string and make another knot.
7: repeat these steps for the two other arrows
8: hang your masterpiece in the living room and observe its beauty!
At school I will talk to my partner and ask for her opinion on these but I believe this is a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment