Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Tour around A.C. Moore

   Today I decided to go to A.C. Moore and look at the materials that I will need to do my DIY string art project. I have been watching a lot of videos on youtube recently in preparation. When I got to the craft store, I had two materials in mind that I knew would be essential for this project. The first was the board that the string art is going to be made on. This is basically a slab of wood that has been sand down. At first, I was not sure if i was going to be able to find it at a craft store but my backup plan was to go to home depot which sells constriction products. However ,that was not needed because I quickly found what I was looking for. There was such a variety which made me excited because I was able to picture my final design on all of them. Some of the ones I liked the most were:

  • I thought this one would look really cool if I stain the wood so it can have that darker, rustic look to it.  





  • This is the exact same wood board from the video from my blog post. I really like this one because it's unique and I think this might be my favorite one.




  • This one also has a unique shape but it is still very simple. However, it is a larger board which would give me more space to do the art and I could make a bigger design. 






  The next item that i needed to look for was yarn. When I got to the knitting section, I was overwhelmed with the amount of colors they had. They had every color of the rainbow plus some with different designs. I am still not set on a specific color but one pattern that really spoke to me was this one:










I am actually really excited to start and this is what I will be working on during break.

No comments:

Post a Comment