Sunday, March 18, 2018

Speaking to an experienced string artist

   In my last post, I mentioned how I got inspiration for the string art DIY project from my friend's masterpiece that she made. Since that first time is saw it, I became been intrigued so I decided to call her and ask her a few questions about it. She was more than happy to give me some tips and she invited my over so I could get a closer look. The art piece in her room is a multi-colored wave. 
  I started of by asking her how long it took her to produce the final product. She said it took her three days but she took breaks in between and she said that depending on the size of the artwork it could take a lot less time. Another thing that I was interested in knowing was if a specific type of string needed to be used and what type she had used. She told me that she used yarn because it was the one she was most comfortable with but she said that it could also be done with synthetic nylon.  She also gave me the following tips to help me create the best artwork:
-Take your time while doing it, every movement is important and it can go downhill very fast.
-Make sure to tie the knot on each pin very securely because if not the whole art work can be destroyed. 
-Try finding a template online for the design because it will be easier for the layout,
  I was very grateful for her willingness to help me and I felt that after that conversation I am ready to start.
This was her finished artwork:

No comments:

Post a Comment