Sunday, March 4, 2018

Channeling my artistic side

   Now that I have a strong basis for my topic with the research that I have done, I began researching DIY projects that my partner and I can attempt for the content of the two page layout. This will help me better understand the route that I want to take for the magazine. For example, do I want to just focus on bedroom improvement or do I want to give tips for the whole house? Or do I want to emphasize more on the backyard than inside the house? To make it easier I researched each subtopic individually.
   Bedroom DIYs:
-Door decorating. This is when you take duck tape and cut it into geometrical shapes and make a design with it on your bedroom door. This gives the room a bohemian look and it is something unique that a lot of people don't see.
 Image result for door decorating with tape
-DIY string art sign. This is a really cool and inexpensive way to add an art piece to the bedroom. All that is needed is a board, some pins, and string.
37 Insanely Cute Teen Bedroom Ideas for DIY Decor | DIY String Art Crafts - Dream
Home improvement: (this is the one I am least interested in)
-Mason jars. Mason jars have many purposes and recently they have been used for home decor. One project that can be done with mason jars is using them as plant holders and designing them however you want.
 painted and distressed mason jars in teal with hand painted daisies
Garden:
-Hanging garden tins. These tins are a good way to incorporate flowers into the back yard and it gives the home a cozier feeling once they are hung on the fence.

hanging-flower-tins
-Up-cycled container garden. This project kills two birds with one stone. It helps get rid of all the junk in a persons house by refurbishing it into a designer look.

gby1905_1a-succulent-toolbox_s4x3_lg

  By doing research on these DIY projects it helped me narrow my focus to bedroom decor. This does not mean that the whole magazine will focus on this but the issue that we plan to create will have a large sum of bedroom improvement ideas. Also, I can incorporate some of the other projects into a bedroom setting which will make it even more unique.

work cited
S. (2017, September 15). 37 Insanely Cute Teen Bedroom Ideas for DIY Decor | Crafts for Teens.       Retrieved March 04, 2018, from http://diyprojectsforteens.com/diy-teen-bedroom-ideas/
Best 25 Mason jar crafts ideas on Pinterest | Mason jars, Mason jar diy and Mason jar projects. (n.d.).   Retrieved March 04, 2018, from https://www.pinterest.com/explore/mason-jar-crafts/
24 DIY Garden Projects Anyone Can Make. (2014, August 18). Retrieved March 04, 2018, from   https://bestplants.com/24-diy-garden-projects-anyone-can-make/

No comments:

Post a Comment