Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Its coming along!

I am excited to say that the magazine is finally coming along. I started the cover page and the table of contents. I still have some doubts about the cover page. And I also had troubles with the website I was using. So I am going to explain everything in depth.
   First, I had to switch from joomag to canva and lost most of my project. I had made an account with joomaga long time ago so I could not use my email anymore for the free trial. This was not a big deal because I just switched over ton my mom's email. However, the website does not allow me to sign on anymore because it says that my account has not been approved. This took me a bit by shock but I'm just glad that this happened now and not the week that the project was due. So after this I just switched gears and started using canva. Surprisingly, I really enjoy using canva. I find it a lot easier to use and I feel more secure that I will not lose all my progress but just to be safe I downloaded it to a pdf.
   The first thing that I had to do when starting the cover page was that I needed to edit my main picture to make it brighter. I used the app snapspeed and it worked like a charm. I put the title in the mass head but I felt that it blended in too much with the background so I looked at some images on google and saw that some magazines add a type of color block behind the title to make it pop more so that is exactly what I did. I chose a bluish green to match the color scheme that I had going on with the pillows on the couch. The only thing that I am struggling with on my cover page is where to place the cover lines. I don't know where to put them so they don't look awkwardly placed. I am going to ask for my partner's opinion on that tomorrow. This is the first draft of my cover page:

   The next thing that I worked on was the TOC. I did not want to add a picture like the one one the cover page for this and I did not want to have a simple solid background. So what I did was I took a picture of a pillow that I have which has a really cool design and I used that as my background and I must say that it came out really cool. This is how I did it:



No comments:

Post a Comment